REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Join us for lunch at the Owl Café and Wine Room in Apalachicola, FL! This restaurant, in the heart of Apalachicola, is just a 10-minute ride from the airport. Plan to arrive a little early and enjoy exploring the town on foot – there is a lot to see in this historic seacoast village and it is easily accessible without a car in the compact town center.
| 9:00 am - 11:15 am
Arrivals at KAAF
- Park, secure your aircraft, and order fuel
- Pick up your name tag and take SEBS van shuttle to downtown area.
- Last shuttle to downtown departs at 11:30 am.
- Late arrivals = transportation on your own.
| 9:00 am - 11:55 am
Explore downtown Apalachicola on your own!
| 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Lunch at the Owl Café and Wine Room
- Check in with Trip Captain, Pete Grass, for your pre-ordered lunch selection reminder
| 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Shuttles to airport
- Last shuttle to airport departs at 4:30 pm unless shuttles are completed earlier
All participants must register online and pre-order their lunch choice by Sunday, March 11th; no walk-ins will be permitted.
Fee: Depends on lunch choices selected
- Lunch at the Owl Cafe to include shareable table appetizer, pre-ordered lunch choice, non-alcoholic beverage including water, soft drink, ice tea, or coffee, cookies, tax, and gratuity
- Shuttle van to/from the airport as noted on the itinerary.
Registration is limited to the first 50 people that register due to space limitations in the dining room.
Prices are all inclusive and include choice of one lunch item listed below: shareable table appetizer, American Blue Crab Dip with Flour Tortillas; choice of soft drink, ice tea, coffee or water; plate of Appalachia cookies with hazelnut and English toffee for table; tax and gratuity
Sandwiches (Served with Slaw on the Side)
- Crab and Shrimp Salad Roll $17
- Apalachicola Oyster Po'Boy on a Hoagie Roll with Lettuce, Tomato and Onion $17
- Fried Grouper on Toasted Bun, Lettuce, Tomato, and Onion with Chipotle Tartar $21
- Jalapeno Chicken Salad Club - Bacon, Cheddar, Lettuce and Tomato on a Croissant $17
- Half Pound Cheeseburger with Cheddar and all the trimmings $17
- Half Pound Burger with all the trimmings $17
Entree: (Includes Side Salad and Bread)
- Fried Jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Fries and Sauces $21
Kids 12 and under
- Chicken Fingers with Fries $11
- Vegetarian, gluten free or other special diet? Select Special Meal and the individual will be contacted directly to work out a lunch option. $21
Ready to Register?
- REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- Make sure you (and your guests) have reviewed the menu and be ready to make selections for you and your guests.
- You will need to provide your expected ETA and tail number.
- Have your credit card ready.
Airport & FBO:
KAAF - Apalachicola Regional Airport
- Fuel discounts, day parking fees, and other details are currently being negotiated with the FBO.
- March 24th is Aviation Day at the airport. (Aviation Day poster) (Event Layout)
- No airshow activities or aerial demonstrations are part of the event.
- Its purpose is to reintroduce the community to the airport and the new FBO, Centric Aviation
- SEBS will have a dedicated parking area away from the public zones and will use a separate entrance/exit to town.
- Centric Aviation will have details on the event posted on their web site.
- If you would like a rental car, please notify the FBO in advance for a reservation with Enterprise Rental Car.
- Please consider tipping your line staff for their parking and fuel assistance.
Want to Extend your trip?
Apalachicola is a great place to visit and you may want to stay longer than our KAAF fly-in lunch allows. Consider staying in one of the several Inns, B&B’s or lodges in the town. (Be sure to watch for two night stay requirements at some properties.) Walking around town is fun, and you can soak up the panhandle ambiance and the sights of the forgotten coast. If you stay in that general vicinity, it is easy to get around and restaurants are within walking distance of the center of Apalachicola.
For more information on lodging, restaurants, and sites to see, visit the Apalachicola Chamber of Commerce at: http://www.apalachicolabay.org/
Need a rental car? Contact Centric Aviation at (850) 290-8282 to make a car reservation prior to your arrival.
Check out the following article from Garden & Gun magazine, Why We Love the Gulf - Know your Oyster: The Apalachicola
If you have any questions about the fly-in, please contact Trip Captain, Pete Grass, at (859) 433-3329 (voice or text) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations received by Saturday, March 10, 2018 will incur a $5 cancellation fee per person. There will be no refunds for cancellations received after March 10, 2018 because of financial commitments for the lunch and transportation.