New Smyrna Beach, FL Fly-In Weekend (KEVB)
Registration is closed for this event.
Join us in the Daytona Beach area of Florida for a fun long-weekend fly-in February 27 – March 1, 2020! Our home base will be in New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona Beach and near the famed Spruce Creek Fly-In Community. Southeastern Bonanza Society member Pete Grass is our trip captain and he and long-time SEBS member Troy Branning have put together a great itinerary to help you escape the cold! Highlights include:
- Time to explore the New Smyrna Beach seacoast to shake winter’s chill and walk on the flat sand beaches!
- Thursday evening catered hangar party at Troy Branning’s hangar in the Spruce Creek Fly-In community
- Friday All-access tour of Daytona Beach International Raceway
- Lunch at The Oyster Pub on the ocean in Daytona Beach
- Visit to the Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences
- Late afternoon time to explore New Smyrna Beach and dinner on your own Friday evening
- Saturday morning tour of the Marine Sciences Center
- Lunch at Off the Hook in Ponce Inlet
- Tour of the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse
- Saturday evening reception and banquet at the Spruce Creek Country Club
- Hospitality suite on Thursday and Friday to get acquainted with fellow SEBS members
- Air-conditioned motor coach transportation!
- Sunday morning departures if you must!
(all pdf files)
Registration is open online, and the deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. This Fly-In is expected to sell out, so do not delay your registration if you plan to attend.
- The Base Registration Fee is $440 per person.
- Fee includes:
- Tour entrance fees, taxes and gratuities.
- Thursday night hangar party, Saturday lunch, Saturday night banquet, and Thursday through Friday hospitality room with beer, wine and snacks.
- Air conditioned motor coach transportation per the itinerary with ice cold water and snacks on the bus; bus driver gratuities.
- Hospitality suite Thursday and Friday.
- The Friday lunch cost is additive to the base registration fee depending on your lunch choice.
- You may view a sample registration to become familiar with the information that you will need to provide in the online system for you and your guest.
- Payment is by credit card during registration.
- When your registration is complete, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Logistic limitations require us to cap registration at 56 people - first come, first served! Please register early to help us plan appropriately!
- AND, yes, local members and snowbirds can join us just for the Hangar Party or Banquet, or both! Please note that a separate registration will open for these two events late January 2020.
Airport, FBO, & Rental Cars:
New Smyrna Beach, FL (KEVB)
Airgate Aviation, Inc. FBO
FBO Tie-Down rates are:
- Single engine $10.00 per night and first night waived with purchase of 10 gallons of fuel or more.
- Twin engine $15.00 per night and first night waived with purchase of 20 gallons of fuel or more.
FBO fuel discounts (if any) will be published early January, 2020.
While all transportation is provided for this fly-in, if you would like a rental car, please contact either Hertz (located on the field) or Enterprise (located a short distance from the airport). Be sure to check office hours as they may be closed on the weekends and the FBO is not an agent of these businesses.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car (386) 423-1337
Hertz (386) 428-0494
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, FL
To Reserve, use this link to register on line, call the hotel directly at (386) 898-9444, or 1-800-HAMPTON and mention our group code of "SBS" and you should get our rate of $159 plus taxes.
Please register for the fly-in and make your hotel reservation at the same time.
The SEBS negotiated rate for this hotel is only available through October 31, 2019. After this date, all room prices are per the hotel’s price structure.
Rates & Reservation Info:
- $159 + taxes for single king bed or two queen bed hotel room
- A limited number of rooms at our negotiated rate are available up to three days prior and after event – first come, first served. If you desire to book an early/extended stay, please call the hotel to check availability.
- Rate includes:
- Complimentary WiFi in hotel room
- Free hot breakfast
- Automobile parking is available on the hotel property for registered guests and is $10 per day.
- Please check the hotel’s website for room reservation cancellation policies and charges.
For information on additional attractions in the area for time on your own, please see the official tourism web site for the area: https://visitnsbfl.com/
Fly-In Event Cancellations:
Fly-in event cancellations received by 5:00 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 will incur a cancellation fee of $50 per person. No refunds will be issued after this date due to booking and reservation guarantees.
If you have any questions or need to cancel, please contact Pete Grass at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-433-3329 (cell) and please leave a message.