LEXINGTON, KY LUNCH FLY-IN
September 10, 2021. Please join other Southeastern Bonanza Society members for a visit to the Aviation Museum of Kentucky and enjoy lunch in their hangar. This event runs 10:30 am to 2:30 pm EDT and lunch will be served at noon. Pre-registration is required – no walk-ins please.
Land at KLEX – Lexington’s Blue Grass Field, and park at TAC Air on the east side of the field. Walk to the museum’s open hangar or take a short ride in a golf cart. Discounted admission to the museum is included.
Local SEBS members Roger & Joyce Storch along with Pete & Dawn Grass look forward to welcoming you to Lexington!
10:30 – 11:30 am: Plan to arrive at KLEX (KLEX is in the eastern time zone),
- Park where directed on the TAC Air ramp near the museum.
- DO NOT park on the west side of the airport or at the WestLEX FBO. No SEBS shuttle service is available from that location, and you cannot walk across or around the airport.
- Check in with TAC Air with your fuel order and your departure details.
- Walk or take the very short golf cart ride to the Aviation Museum’s hangar next door to the FBO.
- Check in at the SEBS desk to pick up your name tag when you get to the museum. Your name tag is your lunch ticket.
- Enjoy the aviation museum exhibits and visiting with fellow SEBS members.
Noon – 1:30 pm: Lunch is served
2:30 pm: Event ends
All participants must register online and pre-order their lunch choice by Thursday, September 2nd; no walk-ins are permitted as our lunch must be pre-ordered from our caterers.
Fee: Depends on lunch choices selected during registration.
Choose either a Red State BBQ Lunch Plate or a Special Meal. Red State BBQ is a local favorite here in Lexington and we’re delighted to obtain them to cater our event. You won’t be disappointed. Special meals are available by one of Lexington’s finest – Selma’s Catering.
$40.75 Red State BBQ Lunch Plate includes a choice of
- Pulled pork or
- Sliced Brisket
BBQ Lunch Plate also includes; sides of Baked Beans, Green Beans, and Cole Slaw. Cookie for desert.
Choice of Sweet, Unsweet Tea, or bottled water to drink.
$25.85 Special Meal provided by Selma Catering
- Vegetarian, gluten free or other special diet? This box lunch will be prepared especially for you. Chose one of the following:
- Veggie Wrap with hummus, zucchini, yellow squash, artichoke, roasted red peppers, lettuce and tomato in a wrap.
- Chicken Salad on lettuce with tomato wedge and fresh fruit (Gluten Free).
Discounted museum admission, lunch, desert, drinks, taxes and gratuity included in all pricing above.
- SEBS members should login to their SEBS account prior to registering.
- Use your email address and password in the fields located in the top right-hand corner of this page.
- If you don't know your password, click the reset password link and follow the prompts.
- Click the Register button on this page.
- Complete the main registration form for yourself.
- Then click the Add Guest Button at the bottom of the page to add a guest.
- Once all guests are added, click Next to continue and pay online.
- When your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you do not receive an email, that means you are not registered! (be sure to check your spam/junk folder to make sure that the confirmation email is not there).
Need help registering online or didn't receive your confirmation email? Contact Pete Grass at (859) 433-3329 and please leave a message.
Airport, FBO & Museum:
KLEX – Lexington, Kentucky’s Blue Grass Airport
TAC Air FBO
TAC Air is waiving the handling fee of $15 per single piston and $45 for a multi piston aircraft for our event. Along with this, for those aircraft staying the weekend, TAC Air will waive the first overnight parking fee of $15 for a single piston and $25 for a multi piston aircraft. Fuel pricing is flat rate as listed at the time of our event.
Aviation Museum of Kentucky
This impressive museum was featured in AOPA Live’s June 10 Edition if you’d like a preview. Some highlight aircraft include the Sellers quadruplane, an F14 Tomcat, and an AT-38B Talon among many others. Lots of aircraft and interesting displays to view.
If you have any questions about the fly-in, please contact Trip Captain, Pete Grass, at (859) 433-3329 (voice or text) and please leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations received by Thursday, September 2, 2021 will incur a $5 cancellation fee per person. There are no refunds for cancellations received after September 2nd because of financial commitments for the lunch. Contact Pete Grass for cancellations.